Glitter polishes are so much fun to wear, but they can be such a pain to remove. Scratch that - they can be a pain to remove IF you have never tried this technique! I had practically given up wearing glitter nail polish before discovering this method; I would literally have to use a butter knife to get every last bit of glitter off! Thankfully, I no longer have to sacrifice wearing glitter nail polish because removal is no longer a hassle.
Here is what you will need:
- Aluminium foil
- Cotton rounds or cotton balls
- Nail polish remover
1. Cut off a strip of aluminium foil into squares, around 1x1 inch, or 3x3 cm - you will need 10 squares, one for each nail.
2. If you are using cotton rounds, cut them in half.
3. Saturate the cotton with nail polish remover and place it on top of your nail - make sure it covers it completely.
4. Place a piece of aluminium foil on top of the cotton pad, and wrap it tightly around your nail and make sure that it is pressing on your nail by gently patting it down.
5. Wait at least 10 minutes, then remove your nail dressing by gently twisting off the foiled cotton to get rid of any stubborn leftover glitter. Et voila, you are done!
Here's the secret behind this method: the aluminum acts as a magnet, so all of the glitter is attracted to the foil and sticks to the cotton, leaving you with glitter-free, clean nails! :)
Make sure to wash your hands afterwards, and re-hydrate your nails with moisturizer. I also like to give some love to my cuticles by applying either cuticle oil or coconut oil.
I hope this was helpful! You can now actually enjoy wearing glitter polish as you don't have to worry about having to harshly scrape it all off and ruining your nails! :)